Screen plants anyone?

Reaction score
I was thinking that i need a little more privacy in my backyard from the prying eyes of my neighbors...there are times when i feel like i could just cuddle with my hubby but the place i too open and some persons just can't mind their own business... so i am in search for some great screen plants for my backyard. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Lol, I believe you mentioned that you live in the Caribbean, in one of your previous post. There are so many broad leafed tropical plants that grow in the islands. I'm sure you guys can take a stroll through some lush area and just bring home something that will provide all the cover you need. Maybe you can even talk your neighbor into helping you plant it.

Reaction score
Lol i don't think i would have the nerve to ask my neighbor for help been that it's his preying eyes i am blocking out.I am still searching for that ideal screen plant...i am looking a plant that will also beautifies my space.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Kammy, if you are not adverse to putting up a trellis, there are wonderful flowering vines (bougainvilla, for one, or jasmine). These vines can be kept pretty close to the trellis, so they don't take up yard space. Also, they are top to bottom leaves, so there aren't any "peep holes".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Corn and sunflowers are great for screening out nosy neighbors, but I am not sure how they would grow in your area. Anything that grows tall with big leaves would do the job.

Reaction score
Kammy, if you are not adverse to putting up a trellis, there are wonderful flowering vines (bougainvilla, for one, or jasmine). These vines can be kept pretty close to the trellis, so they don't take up yard space. Also, they are top to bottom leaves, so there aren't any "peep holes".

Wow how could i have forgotten about bougainvilla as this flower is perfect for screening and beautifying ones home at the same, and where i live these plants are not costly at all.
Two heads are definitely better than one...thanks for the reminder.:)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bougainvillea is a very beautiful plant and will grow well in your climate. We had one in our yard when we lived in California. The east coast is not a suitable climate for the plant I do miss not being able to grow one here.
100028790.jpg.rendition.largest.ss.jpg

Ask a Question