My DIY screen door

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
20150808_123714.jpg
I have a hobby greenhouse and as anyone with one of these knows, the door needs to be open on a sunny day to promote air circulation. Well, a chipmunk kept going in there and disturbing my plants. I clothes pinned screening along the bottom 18 inches to keep him out but found it to be a pain in the rear stepping over this so I decided to make a retractable screen door.

Chippy sniffed and did not appreciate the addition. It does not obstruct the door so if I'm not going in again at night, I simply close the door and wait to lower the screen until I go in there the next day.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well done Lori (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Thank you. It cost me about 22 bucks to make. Now making a second one for the other gh. The spring really snaps it down out of the way.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That should teach those chipmunks a lesson not to mess with Lori's green house :) It looks fantastic and it's even better that it keeps those critters out!

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Great going Lori. You are putting up a second one too? I wish I would do that too as having someone put up one for me will cost me an arm and a leg.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
The one in the picture is 6x8 and the other one is 6x4. They are both small but I'm only in my sixties so I put them up myself. Each one took me about a day to put together. Lots and lots of parts!

Ask a Question