Sago Palm

• Thread starter No Green Thumb Here
  • Start date
N

No Green Thumb Here

I have a sago palm that’s been in the ground for over 30 years. It’s never once shown what sex it is. Can anyone tell me why. I fertilize it every month, I use miracle grow and the palm tree fertilizer. I was told that I might want to use a fish emulsion type fertilizer, has anyone tried that type of fertilizer.

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Mike

N

No Green Thumb Here

22.5” and it’s grown since I repotted it out of a big pot. I’ve had it for about 30 years now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's getting up to about the right size for a seed-grown plant. Cutting-grown plants tend to flower faster than seed-grown ones, but even those take time. You might want to back-off the fertilizer for awhile. Sometimes a little stress (nutrient, water, temp) can jolt them into survival mode and set them up for blooming to continue the species. Just don't expect results for a while. They don't do anything fast after all.;)

N

No Green Thumb Here

It’s been 30 years that I’ve had the plant. It was a growing plant when I bought it, at least 30 years ago.

Ask a Question