Rooting roses from cut flowers?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Alp, how big are these cuttings? Are they 6" tall, 12" tall? Smaller cuttings, in my experience, generally do better than bigger ones. If they are putting out new leaves, there is life there, but without roots forming yet, I'd advise just letting them do their thing and hope for the best. I've had cuttings that started leaves without any sign of roots, and the roots developed shortly thereafter. The opposite has happened also--new leaves, no roots, and imminent death.
Roses are not camillas, so my advice about roses may not apply. Rooting hormone never does any damage, and can be the difference between life and death for a cutting!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
marling: I think they are about 4 to 5 inches tall, but they have been in 2 inches of water for a while. Now I am worried that if I withheld water, I might kill them. Doesn't bode well as I had had cuttings taken in October and they flowered in June.

camellia cuttings are very short. I mostly followed the gardener presenter's advice. I will try your method tomorrow. I think it's fun taking cuttings. It's like getting something for nothing.

Ask a Question