Mango seed is rooting but it hasn't sprouted

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have been germinating these two mangos seeds wrapped inside of a moist paper towel, stuffed into a bag. It is a relatively easy thing to do, I'd say the hardest part is getting the mango seed out of the pod. It only takes about two days for you to physically see the root. One of my seedlings has a giant root, it's about an inch and a half long and I germinated it about one to two weeks ago, but the thing is, I don't seem to see any stem starting to sprout, My other mango seedling is just half the size of my original mango seed and it sprouted a bit, so I planted it early, it still hasn't come out of the ground so i'm worried(its been two days) The sprout is only a little tiny pale green nub that you can see when the mango splits open. Originally I planted my first mango seedling in the ground when it was half its size because I thought that the root was the plant stem and was really eager to get a tree going. Out of anxiety and frustration I took it out of the pot and put it back in the back, no damage was done to it because since then it's grown stronger and bigger. Any idea why my seedling isn't germinating?

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
was your seed mature enough to grow into a plant? In most cases, you will see a young seed germinate, however, after sometime it will stop growing, wither and die. I have many mango trees in my garden, I have grown mango from seeds as well as from pruned stem. IN my experience, it takes many years for a mango tree to bear fruit of you grow from seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
was your seed mature enough to grow into a plant? In most cases, you will see a young seed germinate, however, after sometime it will stop growing, wither and die. I have many mango trees in my garden, I have grown mango from seeds as well as from pruned stem. IN my experience, it takes many years for a mango tree to bear fruit of you grow from seeds.
What do you mean? I don't know if it is mature, I got it from the store, it seems pretty healthy to me I just dont know why It hasn't started to grow a stem yet. the root is lookin really goo though, it is starting to branch off.

Ask a Question