Rooms with plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
...This is such a wonderful bathroom:

Claudine, I think the most interesting thing about this bathroom is the vines growing across the ceiling. Of course, to have a plant filled bathroom oasis you have to have adequate lighting. I suppose could try Maddie's solar light idea in my bathroom...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh yes, the vines are so beautiful and they look very unique:D
Vines are the reason why I also love this room:

700_indoor-vines-italian-hotel.jpg

Reaction score
Oh yes, the vines are so beautiful and they look very unique:D
Vines are the reason why I also love this room:

700_indoor-vines-italian-hotel.jpg
Claudine this is the most elegant room with plants I have seen.. the vine does not over power you.. they are light and yet add so much color and life to the room.
I would have liked this room even better without the banana trees in there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I would probably replace banana trees with miniature roses:p . But I must say I like how exotic they look.
I agree it's very elegant. These vines look like art, I love it:D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
We had cats once that wanted to play in my plants, I sprinkled pepper on the leaves and around the plants to stop the cats from getting into the plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think vines are one of my favorite ways to decorate a room becase it's very romantic. This one looks so gorgeous:

vines9.jpg

Reaction score
Want to show some beautiful setups for indoor plants and indoor gardening .. this one is really nice .. (not mine) I don't have a room in my house that gets as much sun as the room pictured below .. wish I did .. maybe one day ..

I really like the tall palm plant (or tree) .. I had one like that, about 14 years ago.. I rescued it from a nursery, they were about to throw it away because it was infested with Mealy Bugs.. I bought a new large pot for it, fresh potting soil, spray to kill the bugs, and nursed it back to health. The plant had grown to about 7 feet tall, was beautiful, doing quite well.

A year passed, my wife filed for divorce (a blessing), ran off with the kids and all the furniture in the house, along with that one plant, she didn't take the other 50 or so houseplants, just my largest one.

When the divorce was final, I got my kids back (awarded full custody), but never got my beautiful tree back, and she was not into plants at all.. I never asked for it back (at the time, I was just glad to be out of the marriage, glad to have my kids). I do realize this may be TMI (too much info), but it adds a little intrigue to the story.

I never saw the plant again, I'm sure it didn't live past 6 months or so, unless she gave it to someone..

There's no doubt I would still have the plant today and probably would have rooted several new plants from that one. When I got the plant from the nursery, it was probably around 12 years old, so today it would be about 26 years old. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a "casualty of divorce." If I ever re-marry (and it's not looking like I will), my 2nd wife will have to be a plant-lover..

66.jpg

This image below are some of the plants in my den. It's not a clear image and I could not get the full view, there is a large tri-color dracaena to the left that can't be seen.. I have 13 plants in the den, 4 in the foyer, and 12 in my office, directly across from the den.. Needless to say, I spend the majority of my days in my office and den...

my-plant-room.jpg

office-view.jpg
I love tons of house plants all over but we have had to limit them because both our cats love to nibble on them ! We found that out when it was too late and a few plants were basically past helping. :( Thank goodness we always research before buying house plants to ensure they are safe for our kitties. :)

I have resigned myself to using our back lanai which is totally enclosed for all my plants. It really does look beautiful and it is the next best thing. :)
Danyel

Reaction score
I really loved seeing all the pictures of plants. I have a lot of plants in my home. They just seem to add a special something to each room. It is like bringing part of the outside in. And the green in the house is especially nice during the dreary days of winter.

Ask a Question