Mushrooms and Dogs


Joined
Sep 26, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and gals

newbie looking for some advice on mushrooms that have started appearing through garden chips, have taken some photos. Wanted to find out what they are and if harmful to dogs, and if there is a way to get rid of them.

Any help would be much appreciated
 

Attachments

  • 20170925_183924.jpg
    20170925_183924.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 20170925_183931.jpg
    20170925_183931.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 20170925_183944.jpg
    20170925_183944.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 225
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
9,497
Reaction score
4,419
Location
Tarpley Tx
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi guys and gals

newbie looking for some advice on mushrooms that have started appearing through garden chips, have taken some photos. Wanted to find out what they are and if harmful to dogs, and if there is a way to get rid of them.

Any help would be much appreciated
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/poisonous-mushrooms.html
Many if not most mushrooms you find or come up in your garden will make you sick and some even will kill you. They will disappear in a day or two.
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
9,497
Reaction score
4,419
Location
Tarpley Tx
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Already been there for over 3 weeks, do you think they are field mushrooms?
Do you mean that each individual mushroom has been there for 3 weeks or that mushrooms have been there for 3 weeks? They are not edible mushrooms. That exact mushroom is shown in the poisonous mushroom link. If you want to get rid of them either rake or hoe them down as they appear. They are feeding on decomposing organic matter and are actually beneficial. I have never heard of a dog eating them as most dogs are smarter than people when it comes to stuff like this.
 
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,397
Location
Essex, England
Showcase(s):
1
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I think they look cool almost like living stones (Lithops) I know they are not mind ...Lithops but if it was me and I have a dog that I love & walk though woods full of mushrooms of all types Most weekends, I would not mind & would just leave them to do there job. If you do Kill them, expect something else to move in and eat what they where eating in the soil. I have never read or seen a dog eat dangerous mushrooms
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Mar 28, 2015
Messages
3,917
Reaction score
3,611
Location
Southern Chester County, PA, USA
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I live on a wooded property. Many type of mushrooms grow. I have had dogs and now have cats. The dogs and I roam the property. Its the least of my worries about the mushrooms as never in 20 years has one dog wanted to chop on a mushroom. Nor the cats. I also have squirrels, sometime will catch one chopping a mushroom, figure nature tells it which are good. I do not worry over such things.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top