Roll-Out Garden

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with any of these? I've started seeing them pop up a lot of places. Bags of seed that are 'all inclusive (mulch, seeds, fertilizer) Roll-out gardens that you just put where you want and water it. There was one that claims to help you grow 250+ sunflowers. I think it'd be awesome to have sunflowers, but I don't know how true this thing actually is. I'd only be out $20, so even if half of them grew, it's a good deal.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
$20 is not a bad investment for what you may potentially get out of it. I have never heard of a roll out garden before, where did you find it? In any event, it sounds like a cheap investment for a possibly beautiful garden. If you got the vegetable kind, you may save a lot of money in produce!

Reaction score
My father in law tried one of those roll out gardens last year, it worked well for him. He actually managed to grow a full bed of flowers! But I really think the outcome depends on the quality of your seeds, your soil and your weather. My in laws live in a place that is just ideal for gardening. I guess you will have to give it a try in order to know for sure. It might be fun!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds really interesting:) I don't think it's something for me though. I love choosing seeds and fertilizers, I can spend a whole day in a gardening store, it's very entertaining for me. Buying one package that contains everything is convenient, but in my opinion it ruins the fun;)

Reaction score
Claudine, I'm just impatient and indecisive. Two things that definitely do not go well together! I ended up buying quite a few plants that were already growing instead of seeds and bulbs just so I would have something to look at! I think I'll try it at least with the sunflowers to see how it goes. If my area works, I may pick up some of the others for lettuce, carrots, etc...

BTW, I found it at a place here called Fred's, not sure of the equivalent in other places, but I'm pretty sure it was an as seen on tv thing, so either their website, possibly walmart would have it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, sometimes I'm impatient and indecisive too, so I know how you feel;) When I'm in a bad mood, I don't know what to plant, but I want to immediately see some beautiful plants in my garden;)
Anyway, I think that buying this roll out garden is a good idea, it's definitely worth a try. After all, $20 is an acceptable amount of money:)

Reaction score
The deal does sound decent, but the problem with the start your own plants or gardens is always you don't know what you are going to get. I have had something like that that was supposed to give me four strawberry plants if I just placed it on the ground and watered it, and nothing came of it. Luckily for that I only paid 5 bucks.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have often seen those ads for the garden you just put down and water and you have a beautiful garden. I think if half of the plants come up I would be happy. Good luck if you decide to try it.

Ask a Question