Any "real" smart controller with plant sensors

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Experts,

I am a new homeowner, with little knowledge of how to water my lawns and flowers. I want to replace the pre-installed ugly traditional controller with smart ones.

I did some research on current smart controllers, e.g. Rachio, Rainmachine. But I am not satisfied with any of them. For my understanding, there should be a plant sensor which monitors my yards and work with the controllers. Rachio or Rainmachine do not include a plant sensor. How can they work, or I have to setup the programs by myself, like the traditional controller?

Anybody knows is there a real smart product, integrated with sensor, and is fully automatic for persons with no expert knowledge like me. I do not want to learn watering tips and set up the programs by myself. Is it possible? Any recommendation?

Thanks,

David.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
To me it's not clear if you are looking for a soil moisture sensor or some type of plant sensor. There are many irrigation controllers now that include or have available moisture sensors. No personal experience to this point myself.

For soil moisture google "irrigation controller with moisture sensor"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I dunno, and it's unlikely that you will ever revisit this topic.

But as a "new homeowner" who has no interest in learning tips (your words) I don't think you will go very far. o_O

Ask a Question