Ride on mowers

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well having some problems with my little red sports car (lawn mower ) It seems the lawn mower gears may be locking up and not sure what to do .I go to forward and put the blade down to mow and the mower does not move so I stop the blade and put the mower in forward again and it moves and it is fine and then I lower the blade .It happened 6 times yesterday and wondering if any one has had this happen and what could be causing this .I have had this mower for 6 years now and have changed the oil at least 2 times a year because it is my work horse and use it to haul everyting in my yard cart around 3 acres of property .I have changed the blades twice and sharpen them in between and also change the air filter and check it at least once a week .Not sure why this is happening .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It is just a cheapy ride on ,i have a zero turn commercial one also ..Troy built pony and greased it every where the book tells you too .I use it for mowing the side and back yard and zero turn for the front yard .You can see the front here and has hauled a lot of rocks in the now dented and dinged cart for it

Attachments

• peewee rocks hill sept2011 013.JPG
    peewee rocks hill sept2011 013.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 394
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a toro zero turn, love that sucker, still takes about 2 hours to mow. I run it full out, think top speed is 8 mph

j.w

Reaction score
I have a little Kubota and DH has a big one w/ zero tolerance and man can that thing fly. I love using his as it gets the job done fast but like mine for the smaller tight areas where his won't fit.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
speed race mowing huh maybe you need to race that thing .I love to mow as long as it is a sitting sport and not a pushing sport .More excise but not for me

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My kubota can have a mower attached, but it would be a slow mow, does not move out like the riding tractor does.
With our slopes I won't side hill with the tractor, but do side hill with the mower.

Reaction score
It is just a cheapy ride on ,i have a zero turn commercial one also ..Troy built pony and greased it every where the book tells you too .I use it for mowing the side and back yard and zero turn for the front yard .You can see the front here and has hauled a lot of rocks in the now dented and dinged cart for it

I'm not a rider expert, but I have torn a few down, and I'm not sure what kind of drivetrain a troy built has, I've worked on some john deeres, and old snappers (which have a disc drive) but I'm sure the manual probably says you need to change the transmission fluid, or gear case oil after every so many hours of use. I would probably try that first.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I asked troy built and they said there is only the oil to change in these models and grease the axles and change the air filter .They say it is the lawn mower for dummies .I change the oil twice a year like it says as I run this mower more than the cub cadet commercial one.Dummy i am

Reaction score
Generally a hydrostatic transmission doesnt need any service as far as changing or replacing oil.... but again... they say that, but generally the transmission goes out long before the engine does. They just don't build them like they used to, especially when you are using it for things like hauling rocks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
very true how will they make money that way .A lot of stuff is built cheaper these days ,we have become a throw out society .Well Mike came over and looked at it and adjusted a couple of things on it and it is running better .Not sure all what he did and never understand his explanation ,but it runs

Ask a Question