Opinions of different brand ride on mowers.

Reaction score
I need to buy a new ride on mower sometime soon, I would prefer a zero turn mower but right now they also seem the most expensive, I have always liked Husqvarna equipment, I have never really had any large problems with their stuff...

Anyone have any other opinions or suggestions? Or even better has anyone purchased a new mower recently?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I found a zero turn Toro Timecutter, and when in use it had a couple of undesireable points. One was the down pointing exhaust would cook the grass if it was still, such as when it was attached to the cleanout hose. Also, the twist effect of spinning on one tire would leave a bare spot as it tore out the grass, so one had to learn a special technique to turn, and that did not always work. Also, although it is faster, the machine was not a mulcher, which turned out to be a poor idea. Fortunately my wife lost control of it and drove it wildy downslope through some azealeas and requested a ride on mower rather than repair the twisted deck. I got her a John Deere tractor style because of the mulching deck.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I have a 2 year old Husqvarna 42" rider and would give it 4-1/2 stars out of 5. The only reason it isn't 5 is that the dealer screwed up several things prior to delivery. Once I fixed all the stupid stuff the mower has turned out to be great. I am mowing almost 8 acres with it. I use it to haul my 16 foot utility trailer around the yard and it works fine. I would highly recommend it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need to buy a new ride on mower sometime soon, I would prefer a zero turn mower but right now they also seem the most expensive, I have always liked Husqvarna equipment, I have never really had any large problems with their stuff...

Anyone have any other opinions or suggestions? Or even better has anyone purchased a new mower recently?
I am also looking for a good one.....since my two house all have big backyards, I need to do a lot work every weekend. :cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
really wish I knew the name of the one I have. but would have to run out to the shed to look it up and its dark now, just got it about 2 years ago a replacement for the one we had 20+ years, I should get you that name to as its still working but we use it for hauling now more than cutting. so the new one works really well cutting the grass and does a tight circle around the trees leaving little for the other wacking I need to do closer to the trees. it also does well, in the high position sucking up the leaves for my burn pile. so if I can remember tomorrow to go get the names for you I will be back. the other mower that is common in my area is John Deer, that one has always been good quality, but higher priced.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I have never had a problem with any Husqvarna equipment as well. If you're familiar with the brand and feel good about it, why not just get another one. They have deserved your loyalty ;) Great mowers in my opinion.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Husqvarna mowers are well-known for their quality. The grass is light, elastic, and has a really cool smell after mowing. If you want to change the brand you can read about John Deer and Troy-Bilt. I think you will find the best mower for you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
We’ve had John Deere ZTR and now have a Scag ZTR. Both from their respective commercial series. Both are rugged and good. We have about 150 hours on the Scag. No complaints. Routine Maintenance is pretty straightforward. Mower sees tough duty in a root strewn and often very dusty environment. I like the solid rubber front tires on the Scag. Deere has ones that need air with every mowing. Deere might get a slight edge on the feel of the hydraulics. Scag has a better mowing deck, tougher.

Ask a Question