My Bike ride yesterday

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Did near 14 miles and same route again today.

A great way to loose weight and see the countryside and wildlife and other cyclists.

P1040871.JPG
P1040875.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Wow. That looks beautiful. :) I just use the Treadmill though as I don't get much free time anymore.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You are so lucky...I can't wait until I can buy a bike and go on rides like that. It looks like a fun way to be fit!

Reaction score
Awesome view! Thanks for sharing! I wish I could ride a bike, but isn't all that bad, since we don't have nice places where to go for a nice bike ride. Over here it's too crowded and polluted, I used to go for a walk in the morning around my neighborhood, but stopped because it got dangerous and the air wasn't so pure.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice walk home from church today after I got to church I remembered I could have rode my bike. Your pictures make me wish I had remembered the bike. Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I envy you Scotkat i wish i could ride a bike because i would sure be slim and trim and wouldn't have to think about going to the gym.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Kammy you would so enjoy cycling and yes you loose so much weight cycling.

I have never bee in. Gym

Reaction score
Kammy you would so enjoy cycling and yes you loose so much weight cycling.

I have never bee in. Gym

I can only imagine just how great it must feel to be fit and healthy and up and about; i am going try and take just a page from your book and i will be on my way to living a healthier and more fulfilled life.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This is kind of an old thread and it makes me wonder how many cyclists are still here? I've been a cyclist since the mid-80's; I started out cycling, because I had to cross a river (to get to work) on a ferry and the bike was the cheapest way to do it, 10 cents on a bike vs. $1.50 in a car, that would of been $3 per day, just to drive 15 miles.
I've been cycling ever since.

I've been watching this year's Amgen Tour of California and have been noticing the number of plants along the way; I was struck by the large number plants that look like Yuccas on yesterday's stage 5 up Baldy mountain. You can't really see them well on this video, but on tv they are very obvious.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello roadrunner,
I do quite a bit of cycling, mostly river paths and trails. I own a specialized carve mountain bike. I know scotkat, the poster who started this thread, I wonder where she's gone?

As soon as my gardening business slows down in early June I will do my longer bike trips, like out to the lake and down to the provincial park. I use to do a lot of night biking with a buddy of mine but now it's just during the day and as early as possible.
P1030962.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I've done a few bike trips myself, as I hinted to before I started out as a bike commuter and still am, but I have done a few (and plan to do more) bike trips. I love cycling thru the mountains, but I usually stick to the roads, the trails around here are not conducive to fast riding, which I like to do.

Here are a few touring pics:

Ask a Question