Raspberry plants for containers

Reaction score
I bought a bush this fall when it went on sale, it was called Raspberry Shortcake. Here in BC Canada they come in a pot for $40 each. I have repotted it and have it ready for next year. I am very excited to see it grow and taste the raspberries. The best part is they have no thorns yeah.

Reaction score
I bought a bush this fall when it went on sale, it was called Raspberry Shortcake. Here in BC Canada they come in a pot for $40 each. I have repotted it and have it ready for next year. I am very excited to see it grow and taste the raspberries. The best part is they have no thorns yeah.

I'm pleased to hear that you've been able to acquire a 'Raspberry Shortcake' bush, at not a bad price either :) Here in Europe, we are having to wait until the Spring before we can get hold of them.

Yes its great that they are thorn less as well, makes looking after it and collecting the fruit, even more enjoyable. You say you've already re-potted yours, have you placed it somewhere near to where you sit in the summer, so that you can pick the fresh raspberries off, as you enjoy the sunshine :D

Reaction score
I'm pleased to hear that you've been able to acquire a 'Raspberry Shortcake' bush, at not a bad price either :) Here in Europe, we are having to wait until the Spring before we can get hold of them.

Yes its great that they are thorn less as well, makes looking after it and collecting the fruit, even more enjoyable. You say you've already re-potted yours, have you placed it somewhere near to where you sit in the summer, so that you can pick the fresh raspberries off, as you enjoy the sunshine :D

You bet! On my patio right next to my blueberries. . They actually have two different blueberry kinds that are in a dwarf size for pots too! I just have regular blueberries in a pot and also some Pink Lemonade blueberries which are pink and sweeter. Didn't make any this year so I am curious to taste them next summer.

Reaction score
Jackie

Wow - a blueberry and raspberry mix sounds really good, not only taste wise but for looks as well.:)

Love the sound of your 'Pink Lemonade Blueberries' especially as they are 'Pink' - did you mean they didn't fruit this year and thats why you haven't tasted them yet?

Yes, you are so right, there are now, two new dwarf varieties of 'Blueberries' available, like this one, which goes by the

blueberry -peach sorbet-l.jpg

absolutely deliciously sounding name of 'Peach Sorbet'. :) Will you be getting one of these as well?

Reaction score
Jackie

Wow - a blueberry and raspberry mix sounds really good, not only taste wise but for looks as well.:)

Love the sound of your 'Pink Lemonade Blueberries' especially as they are 'Pink' - did you mean they didn't fruit this year and thats why you haven't tasted them yet?

Yes, you are so right, there are now, two new dwarf varieties of 'Blueberries' available, like this one, which goes by the

View attachment 1168

absolutely deliciously sounding name of 'Peach Sorbet'. :) Will you be getting one of these as well?

I didn't get to taste my Pink lemonade this year as it flowered but didn't fruit As for the "Peach Sorbet" blueberries I would love to try but have ran out of space on my deck

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The Peach Sorbet Bluberries are so cute! Also, it sounds absolutely delicious! I really must look for some dwarf varieties like this, I would love to grow at least a few of them!:D

Reaction score
The Peach Sorbet Bluberries are so cute! Also, it sounds absolutely delicious! I really must look for some dwarf varieties like this, I would love to grow at least a few of them!:D

Thought you'd like them. :) As you said you'd like to grow at least a few of them, thought I'd let you know they can also be grown as a hedge, evergreen too.

I too, would love to have one of these, but unfortunately, like 'Raspberry Shortcake' they will not be available in Europe until Spring next year.:(

So until then, we'll both have to do a bit of day dreaming, as to what 'Peach Sorbet Blueberries' taste like - don't know about you, but when it comes to food, my dreams can sometimes, be extremely realistic. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm a picky eater, but when I like something, I can eat it all the time and I'm sure that I'll find the raspberries and the blueberries delicious:D It's another reason to look forward to spring. I hope the winter will pass quickly. I hate when it's cold and snowy:unsure:

Reaction score
How exciting! I can't wait to find these! My in laws have raspberries...a LOT and my kids can't get enough of them! :)

Reaction score
I'm a picky eater, but when I like something, I can eat it all the time and I'm sure that I'll find the raspberries and the blueberries delicious:D It's another reason to look forward to spring. I hope the winter will pass quickly. I hate when it's cold and snowy:unsure:

I can't wait for spring too. The snow & frigid cold gets to me :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I can't wait for spring too. The snow & frigid cold gets to me :(
I know, winter is awful:( And the worst thing is that there are no flowers and roses go dormant:( Fortunately, in my area it's still not too cold, I hope it will stay this way.

Ask a Question