Rainbow perennial garden species

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum so I'll start with a little about me. I helped with my parent's vegetable garden growing up but have limited experience with flowers. About two years ago I started a small vegetable patch on a narrow spot of waste land across the street from my apartment. I expanded it the following year and this year I finally got into planting flowers. Several types have been a big hit with the community and I plan on creating two patches - one perenial and one annual cutting garden.

Here is my question. I want to make the perennial garden into a rainbow garden. I have about a square yard for each color and I will have tulips covering the area in the spring. Can you make recomendations for flower species that can fill out this area the rest of the blooming season and will be somewhat low maintenance? This may turn into a legacy garden. THANK YOU.

zone 6b, the area gets mostly full sun with late afternoon shade.

Ask a Question