Questions about a new succulent (maybe aloe or hawthornia?)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was recently gifted this succulent. Does anyone know what kind it could be? Anyways, I am using a grow light at night, but the plant is still growing lopsided. How else can I help it? I'm also wondering if I should remove the pups (little offshoot plants) as they seem to be turning brown. Why might that be? Are they underwatered? Any answers are appreciated!:)

palnt.jpg

Attachments

• palnt.jpg
    palnt.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is Haworthiopsis tessellata (formerly Haworthia venosa ssp. tessellata), in the Asphodel Family (Asphodelaceae), native to South Africa and Namibia. It grows well in sun or bright, indirect light an requires well drained soil and light to moderate irrigation. In sun, it will often color up more in tones of brown and purple, though some brownish pigment will remain even in bright shade.. The offsets can be left to grow together, forming a cluster of rosettes, or they can be removed and propagated to be separate plants.

Ask a Question