Some Questions On These Seeds

Reaction score
Country
India
Merry Christmas friends! So I sowed these seeds today:

IMG_20211225_160727.jpg

The growing medium includes cocopeat with vermicompost & Perlite along with a little pinch of anti-fungal powder (have seen mold in the past).

I wanted to know if I should be covering all the cups with a thin transparent plastic film like I have done on one of them? Secondly, can I keep them under the grow lights right away or should I wait for a couple of days and then put them under the lights?

I have these grow lights:

IMG_20211225_160749.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Some germination instructions suggest covering seed pots with plastic, but not all seeds need to be covered. Some seeds might benefit or suffer from covering depending on the germination conditions.
Balancing the needs of moisture and air flow is tricky for some seeds. You could try two pots of each seed. Covering one and not the other. In any case, remove the plastic once germination occurs. What type of anti-fungal powder do you use?

Some seeds do require light to germinate. That is true of Prairie Gentian (Eustoma grandiflorum, formerly Lisianthus).
However, other seeds can be germinated in the dark and then moved into the light.

Reaction score
Country
India
Some germination instructions suggest covering seed pots with plastic, but not all seeds need to be covered. Some seeds might benefit or suffer from covering depending on the germination conditions.
Balancing the needs of moisture and air flow is tricky for some seeds. You could try two pots of each seed. Covering one and not the other. In any case, remove the plastic once germination occurs. What type of anti-fungal powder do you use?

Some seeds do require light to germinate. That is true of Prairie Gentian (Eustoma grandiflorum, formerly Lisianthus).
However, other seeds can be germinated in the dark and then moved into the light.
Thanks Marck. I use this fungicide:

Link

Ask a Question