Pumpkins have arrived!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was at the grocery store this morning and it looks as though pumpkins have arrived because there was a whole bunch staring me in the face! It is still a little too early for me to think about buying pumpkins now because it. Is still tee shirt weather outside. When do you all give in to the start of the fall season?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
The end of August when I first started harvesting hardened off winter squash and delivering them and elephant garlic to a local food bank. Still have a lot of different varieties of squash left and it's really official today. I cooked up the first batch of leftover squash into the chili soup. Yep, autumn is here.

Reaction score
I love pumpkins especially the seeds but I really enjoy pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream.

Reaction score
The first pot of chili is always my marker for when Fall has arrived. And guess what's for dinner tonight! :)

Reaction score
I was at the grocery store this morning and it looks as though pumpkins have arrived because there was a whole bunch staring me in the face! It is still a little too early for me to think about buying pumpkins now because it. Is still tee shirt weather outside. When do you all give in to the start of the fall season?
We live in Florida so the weather is certainly not an indicator of Fall. :) As soon as I see the stores preparing their shelves with Halloween decorations,candy and a lot of pumpkins I jump on the bandwagon!!!

I love the Fall and totally take advantage of the time it is here. My children love it and have already been talking non stop about carving our pumpkins. Hay rides and corn mazes are among the favorites here too. :)
Enjoy Fall everyone!! :)

Ask a Question