Programmes To Watch

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Last night watched the SuperVet. He treated a 6 month old German shepherd with a degenerative desease that this breed has. Very bad hips that can cripple the dog. He fussed the knees on his one back leg.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I reckon if anyone wanting to start a business, he/she can't go wrong if it is related to animals i.e. pets and / or old people's homes..

Ambulance is full of incidents of old people.. Very sad.. All sorts of health problems and immobility ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Watched gardening programme last night and it was a good show. Like those stone like cacti

upload_2017-10-21_8-51-1.jpeg

Nice that the man found his interest when he was so young... Well done to him for having a cultivar named after him and his wife.

And the cold frame construction is useful.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just watched George Michael in concert from earls court London, in 2008 his last 2 concerts. On Ch 4. I was surprised that it was in 4.5 surround. It was very good. Hubbys just bought me it on Blu-ray. It runs for 2 hours, also with a Documentary. I think that he did that so i wouldn't keep it on the didgystream player/ recorder.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Watched Our girl on TV last night. It's a bit boring. Caught a glimpse of Sian Williams's programme on healthy gut. I laughed when she had to hold her nose swallowing her kefir milk. I don't even know where the sachet I was sent has gone. It was quite a good programme. I wonder what the bone broth was all about. Would love to start making some bone broths for son and me.

Watched the episode Scandal makes me famous on ice skaters Tanya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan.. It was quite good, but because of that I missed my The Papers..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Saw that @alp.....bone broth ,which was said to be disgusting, promotes good gut bacteria.......if you can drink it without being sick!!!
Thy said it was foul, smells absolutely awful, makes you breathe smell too! Also advised you not to get it onto your skin as it takes an age to wash the smell away. The poor presenter testing it was having a bad time doing so!!!
Hubs said exactly what you said... but apparently it's not the same broth...just bones boiled to kingdom come and nothing else added.....yuk:confused:.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Back home, we always make soup like stuff with chicken carcasses, bones from pork cut or beef. But we don't do that any more. I bought some bone marrow and I had a good job getting rid of the heavy bones. This very rich woman with several properties went to Barking Market to buy 5 or 6 chicken carcesses to make soup or broth. I turned up my nose as I saw flies buzzing .. Any way, I have made up my mind to buy a little chicken every week and roast it and make soup/broth with the carcass. I will google the ingredients to make a not so foul version! LOL!

Ask a Question