Programmes To Watch

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, @Colin Please use this tech-speak feature @alp or else I can get your messages which I enjoy reading very much. I always burst out giggling reading your life stories and your weather observation. Glad that you and your Bron enjoy them.

Ah, sorry, @Logan Don't like Graham Norton.. or chat shows.. Incidentally, what are this little things which are so important here in Dr Foster?

Untitled-2.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
How could she be so stupid!? What an anticlimax!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've a lot to learn alp not only in gardening but in modern electronics. tech-speak? OK I'm not the sharpest tool in the kit but I have honing machines in you more knowledgeable members? I'm pleased I can make you giggle because the world these days needs more giggling.

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've a lot to learn alp not only in gardening but in modern electronics. tech-speak? OK I'm not the sharpest tool in the kit but I have honing machines in you more knowledgeable members? I'm pleased I can make you giggle because the world these days needs more giggling.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ah, knowledgeable! LOL! That's why I laugh! Or giggle! Ah, I nearly forgot - tech-speak! @Colin.. I really hate this, but if I didn't put it, the alert wouldn't say Colin mentioned you .... I might miss the chance to have a giggle.. You seem to be very well-educated .. Chatterbox!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, @Colin Please use this tech-speak feature @alp or else I can get your messages which I enjoy reading very much. I always burst out giggling reading your life stories and your weather observation. Glad that you and your Bron enjoy them.

Ah, sorry, @Logan Don't like Graham Norton.. or chat shows.. Incidentally, what are this little things which are so important here in Dr Foster?

View attachment 28058
@alp these are syringes and some sort of drug so he could commit suicide. But she thought about it afterwards and went back to stop him. What could be worse than loosing your son, for both of them. He was the injured party in this. Both of them could't kill one another, they'd loose their son, but they did anyway. He was in the middle and he thought it would be better for him to go. No i don't like Graham Norton, but Harrison ford was on.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp these are syringes and some sort of drug so he could commit suicide. But she thought about it afterwards and went back to stop him. What could be worse than loosing your son, for both of them. He was the injured party in this. Both of them could't kill one another, they'd loose their son, but they did anyway. He was in the middle and he thought it would be better for him to go. No i don't like Graham Norton, but Harrison ford was on.

Harrison Ford is very old! LOL!

That's a very lazy and unappetising ending. What a damp squid! Why would she supply him with the drugs? The slimeball deserves no pity.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

WOW; syringes and drugs to commit suicide with? Is this now normal TV viewing and if so I'm pleased Bron and I seldom watch normal TV we prefer to select friendly and happy viewing through YouTube. I stopped watching the BBC news years ago because it started the day on a depressing note making me want to jump from a bridge. After being kindly tipped off by alp we are currently watching episodes of Beechgrove Gardening which we find fascinating and highly informative.

I switched the TV on this morning but was greeted with a pink screen when I tried to access YouTube so we watched a bit of BBC 1; what a dismal and miserable country I now live in; our own PM being ridiculed in front of the world by our own people; focus these days is on anything bad; every one of us in the UK should be supporting our PM. I'll not encourage political debate but my country isn't a patch on what it used to be and no wonder with the media behaving the way it does; where's the good news? I've just browsed the web and apparently if I switch the TV box off and let it cool normal service should then resume?

Thanks for you compliment alp; my education is through a life of hard knocks and mostly on a need to know basis; if I don't know I ask or I do research on the web or read books but if I want the answer one way or another I'll find it. Due to severe asthma as a child I missed lots of my early schooling but I grew out of asthma at the age of 11 when I started the Secondary Modern School; I also started to wear glasses; up until then I hadn't a clue what glasses were worn for never having had an eye test because I missed these eye tests because of being at home with asthma; wow; at last I could see the blackboard and in the next four years started to catch up on my education; when I left school aged 15 I had seven exam passes with two distinctions these in art and technical drawing. Then I really did start learning in the real world where I've worked at some horrible jobs; chemicals get mentioned a lot here on the forum; one job I had was engineer in a dyestuff's company working mostly in the Nitro-Benzene plant; changing gland packing's in a chromic acid pump isn't fun whilst the pump is in service and when the filter top securing ring dropped free in the giant centrifuge it was a case of taking a deep breath and sticking head and shoulders in the centrifuge to retrieve the ring; more deep breaths were then needed to secure the ring back in position; health and safety; I don't think so; I used to stink of Nitro-benzene. 40 years ago if I wanted to eat I had to work. I'm a very practical guy and can quickly adapt to any job; academically no thanks; if I was involved in a ship wreck and ended up stranded on a desert island I would be highly useful with my assorted practical skills; what I worry about is that I'm a dinosaur who is trained to make things; practical skills are important and should be taught in schools but schools are dumping the wood/metalworking kit in fact I've bought lathes and other such kit from schools.

I've rambled on enough and don't want to preach or criticize in any way.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Colin have you tried Watching Gardener's world? Monty Don has his 2 golden retrievers on the programme, because it's his own garden. We've got 2 goldies and we always look forward to seeing them. I wasn't very good at school. I left at the age of 15. Got a job in a sewing factory, sewing overalls.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Many thanks for your suggestion Logan. Yes Bron and I watch Gardeners World both live on TV and through YouTube. His Goldie's are well laid back aren't they?

Gardeners World and Grand designs are the only two programs we watch on normal TV unless something special pops up we are interested in. Last nights Grand Designs was a beauty and most unexpected; at the start of the program we thought the couple were going to be living with lots of rust and cobwebs and looking at the building they bought it being an old dairy they appeared mad to have paid something like £960k for it but what a truly splendid home they made of it so top credit to the both of them.

Bron and I would enjoy a long running series catching up on 60's singers and groups but each time something like this comes on as a one off its nothing but critics and friends full of their own importance doing nothing other than give their opinions. It would be nice to find out what has happened to so many of these singers/groups who gave us a great deal of pleasure all those years ago and even now I play their songs in the workshop from CD and we watch them via YouTube; the songs in those days were heard once and immediately remembered for life.

I bet you thought of other things Logan whilst sewing the overalls? My late mother was a founder machinist for Double2 in Wakefield.

https://www.doubletwo.co.uk/blog/video-the-history-of-double-two/

In later years my mother was an "out machinist" sewing shirts at home. In those days the UK was buzzing with huge factories; little pay but plenty of work and we always worked hard. Double2 is still an household name here in the UK. My late father and both my grandfathers were coal miners hence I went straight into the pit on leaving school to learn mechanical engineering and to this day I feel honoured to have been taught by the engineers who taught me so much.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Colin you could find out about the 60s singers if you google them.
I didn't stay there long,it was too noisy. Had a few jobs after that, but the last one was working in the littlewoods store, preparing food in the kitchen. I was a cook assistant. I stayed there for 5 years,then had a baby.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know I shouldn't be on the keyboard as son is mending the house. But I had to plant something out and we need to research on using insulation boards.

Oh, lordy, we now have to worry about loft ventilation. We thought we just patch up the whole roof, we will have fresher air! No.

Agree with you, @Colin May might be a bit out of her depth, but the men in this country have been very nasty, not to say those in the EU. She has a thankless task. The EU wouldn't budge as they want our dough as we are the 2nd largest payer in the block; also we pay our fines, unlike some other countries. With the like like Blair who thinks he can be the next EU gravy train top leader, EU doesn't want to negotiate. Such a thankless task and yet silly pranksters humiliated her like that and she's only has £150k a year, compared with Chris Evans' £2m. She has a good heart, but Boris Johnson the crazy philanderer just blurts out whatever..

Also, I agree with you. News is the most depressing thing on TV channel. When there is a disaster, the channels behave like some voyeurs and they offer up very little meaningless analysis. I prefer to watch Channel 4 news. But Faisal Islam has gone to Murdoch...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Look out for a new drama next year, the writer of line of duty has written it. With some of the actors from LOD. Don't know anything about it, but it's called Bodyguard. Keeley Hawes is in it and some others.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure LOD will be on again with Adrian Dunbar being the naughty villain. I really like The last post. Claire Foy (the one who played Little Dorritt and Queen EII) has her husband in it. The one cheated on by beautiful Raine!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure LOD will be on again with Adrian Dunbar being the naughty villain. :eek: I really like The last post.:) Claire Foy (the one who played Little Dorritt and Queen EII) has her husband in it. The one cheated on by beautiful Raine!
I've got that recorded. I've dicided not to watch electric dreams.

Ask a Question