Problems with peppers 2

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm having some problems with my peppers again. I'm not sure what is wrong with them, so hopefully someone will be able to diagnose the problems.
image.jpeg
This is a jalapeno plant. Some of its new growth is becoming discolored and isn't as smooth as the other leaves.
image.jpeg
This is a banana pepper plant. It's becoming a pale green as well and its leaves are becoming disfigured.
image.jpeg
I've found these stink bugs on every single one of my plants. I'm wondering if they are doing any damage to my plants, so please inform me if they are good or bad insects. They might be part of the problem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those are destructive insects and must be eliminated. They are probably what is causing the distortion in the new growth. They will also kill blooms and damage fruit.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what stink-bugs do, we don't have them in the UK, but whatever it is, it's a sap-sucker, and the damage is very reminiscent of aphid/whitefly damage.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't know what stink-bugs do, we don't have them in the UK, but whatever it is, it's a sap-sucker, and the damage is very reminiscent of aphid/whitefly damage.
The most damage that they do is when they inject a fluid into a fruit. When they do this a black spot will form that gets bigger and bigger.and become rotten. Most times you can cut out the damaged portion but sometimes the rot is through and through.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I love Florida, but I'm contemplating a move just based on that statement! Those things are seriously giving me issues.

Ask a Question