Problems regarding tree staking

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi,I am Jarenn and I am a Design and Technology student.I am planning to design and make a product on tree staking.But firstly I need to find out what problems does a person faced when he/she is staking a tree.I hope you can tell me your problems when you are staking a tree.Maybe the back will feel soar after bending too much or having problems driving a blunt stake into the ground.Or maybe small mistakes that you have made previously which may harm the growth of the tree.Example tying the rope to tightly which cause girding to happen.

I hope you can tell me your problems faced when you are staking a tree.Thank you.

Jarenn

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Sure, my biggest problem is getting the tree straight and upright before staking and then maintaining that straight and upright angle when I'm staking it. If you were to look at all the little trees I have planted unfortunately none of them are straight and upright. The other thing I would say is stake placement and line angle,

Really what I would think helpful is a staking or support guide. There is Tree-Rope-Stake tent style, a single post tight to the tree with a loop or two from stake to tree or even 2 posts with one or two loops to the tree from the post. What's best for what?

To be honest I don't think I've ever been successful staking a tree correctly, it's always been ok but not really right as I saw it. Might be something I need to look into and do a better job with.

Ask a Question