Please LMK what sweet corn to grow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In my experience, hybrid corn seed such as Incredible, has relatively poor germination the second year after purchase and so on. This is certainly true of Honey Select.
Well, yep, I had less than 1% germination this year with Incredible Corn packaged for 2021. So that is 3 years.

I didn't plant that seed last year so it sat in the freezer in a baggie for two years without being opened. Maybe the germination rate would have suffered last year too. I'm not sure but it does seem to be possible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I got Kandy Korn this time. They had Honey Select but it was more expensive.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Will someone that has grown several different varieties of sweet corn recommend one for me. I prefer it as sweet as possible but not chewy. I prefer a Synergistic corn variety.

After growing countless varities I finally settled on Inferno. However, I dont know of a company that sells it anymore that I trust.

Please help.

MOD
I had wonderful results with Gurneys Wild Violet hybrid last year! Planting again in a couple weeks. https://www.gurneys.com/product/wil...81802399936249&utm_content=All Product Groups

Attachments

• 20230806_114022.jpg
    20230806_114022.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 3

Ask a Question