Play in the Dirt for Health

Reaction score
I can always remember as a small child playing in the back garden. I must have been feeling a bit peckish because I decided to start chewing on a slug I picked up. I guess the taste wasn't to good so I ran into my mother who stuck her fingers in my mouth to remove said slug and made me rinse my mouth with water. Job done, no panick attack, no dailing 999, back out I went to play.
In this day and age peoples natural immunity is not allowed to function properly because of all the cleaners used that advertise "kills 99% of all known germs" etc. As soon as a youngster comes into contact with some form of bacteria major dramas. We all have immune systems and like the rest of our bodies they need to be working to stay good shape.
A little bit of bacteria does you good.
Talking about slugs, my Great Grandmother used to collect them and put them in a jar of sugar until they dissolved.This folk remedy she administered to me whenever I had bad colds and chest infections. I don't know if or what other kind of ingredients she added, but this syrup worked rather fast.
People these days live in very sterile environments and use disinfectants and all kinds of chemicals to kill off the natural biological balance. They also tend to get sick a lot and suffer from all kinds of allergies. As a kid I ate everything... sand, grass, insects, worms you name it. I was curious. I can't remember getting sick from these things. I got ill from emotional upsets.

Reaction score
Their are lots of healthy bacterias for example fresh yogurt contains such bacterias that are effective in the cure of loose motions. That's why according to doctor's recommendations, eating yogurt in situation of loose motion is really beneficial.

Reaction score
Kathleen, that only applies to real yoghurt, sadly what we get from the store can't even be considered yoghurt, it's more like a pudding. There are no bacterias there, the expiration dates are so long... only chemicals in there. In Russia they sell yoghurt that has a maximum expiration date of 7 days.

Ask a Question