Plants in crystal medium

Reaction score
Have you grown plants in crystal medium? Most indoor plants that love humidity can be grown in crystal medium.. Have you been interested enough to give it a try? I think they are less messy and look cute.

upside-down-plants-water-crystal-planters.jpg

best_selling_new_arrival_Flower_Crystal_Soil_Water_Beads_mixed_color_634556705984099270_8.jpg

Reaction score
I haven't tried growing plants in crystal medium, although I have seen it done and think it looks pretty cool. It does seem like it would be less messy.
Do they get all the same nutrients from that gel that they would get from actual soil?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I haven't tried it yet. I think it looks really nice and tidy...but at the same time it's so unnatural. In many ways I'm a traditional girl, I don't like when things look too modern.
These are pretty though:

f0a1.jpg

Reaction score
I haven't tried growing plants in crystal medium, although I have seen it done and think it looks pretty cool. It does seem like it would be less messy.
Do they get all the same nutrients from that gel that they would get from actual soil?
You need to feed them liquid fertilizers from time to time. I have had lucky bamboo's growing in Crystal medium.. honestly I think for indoor they are excellent.
If you could hydroponically grow vegetables and flowers in water .. I guess this also follows the same principle.
I am going to get myself a couple of nice looking glass jars to start some plants indoors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Pink crystal medium looks quite adorable:

Crystal-Soil-Pink.jpg

Some plants have really pretty roots so it's an interesting idea to grow them like this.

Reaction score
Claudine that looks like a parlor palm grown in crystal medium.. I like the color.. but I had no idea that parlor palms do well in crystal soil. I should try this when I have a small palm. Thanks for posting this picture.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never grown any palms so I can't say anything about them but this one in pink crystal medium seems to be doing fine so I guess it's okay to grow them in it.
Here are some crystal medium decorations:

1271535976_62112704_1-Zdjecia--KRYSZTAlOWA-ZIEMIA-HYDROzEL-5-GRAM-OPAKOWANIE-1271535976.jpg

To be honest, I don't like it at all, it's just too colorful.

But this is adorable:

tokyo-micro-garden.jpg

Ask a Question