Plant mold

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hey, i have a Schafflera/amate at home. She doesnt have any soil but grows on rocks. And I follow all the instructions the garden lady gave me when I bought her. But I got back home today and when I looked at her there was mold all over the rocks and on her roots. The white fuzzy kinda looking mold. I have no clue how it happened or how I can save her. I would really appreciate help :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Please post a picture of your Umbrella Tree or Amate Schefflera (Heptapleurum actinophyllum, formerly Schefflera actinophylla) and the mold on its roots.

I have seen plants such as Schefflera grown lithophytically on rocks. Often there is a tray of pebbles below the rock that is meant to be kept wet. Such a plant would be particularly sensitive to changes in temperature and humidity. Tell us more about about the care you gave it and its growing conditions.

Ask a Question