Pineapple start?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a pineapple plant that I started from a top probably close to 5 years ago. It has pretty much stopped growing. I dug it up from the pot and noticed what appears to be a new start? Am I able to carefully detach that and pot it? I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

20220710_164403.jpg
20220710_164358.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a pineapple plant that I started from a top probably close to 5 years ago. It has pretty much stopped growing. I dug it up from the pot and noticed what appears to be a new start? Am I able to carefully detach that and pot it? I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

View attachment 91459View attachment 91460

Potting and Repotting Pineapple Plant

When potting, it is essential to keep in mind the specific requirements for growing this fruit as an indoor plant. For one, the soil should be sandy and well-drained. A potting mix high in organic matter is ideal, as it will help retain moisture while also providing good drainage. The pot should also have a drainage hole at the bottom.

An ideal container is an unglazed terra-cotta pot, which will retain moisture while also allowing excess water to escape. An alternative would be a plastic or ceramic pot that has holes drilled into its bottom.

When repotting, use a pot that is only slightly larger than the current pot. If the pot is too large, the water will collect on the sides resulting in root rot. And don’t forget the drainage holes. After selecting an appropriate-sized pot, add new soil and gently tamp it around the roots—water well after replanting.

Here is a video also that explain how to take care of your Pineapple Plant
I hope that helps

Ask a Question