PH Reading 3 and then 6 in certain areas .

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I am getting irregular PH readings in my Garden .I have potatoes sown already and the reading is between 4 and 6 .Where I have my cabbage,it is reading 6 .However other areas are only ready 3 .I evenly fertised two weeks before sowing .I fertilised with 10-10 -20 .Could that be the problem I wonder.Will anything grow in 3 PH .New to gardening as I am sure you picked up already .A closed down Publican trying to stay sane lol.Thanks in advance .

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Thank you for the reply .I checked it a few times and its always 3 .Just in a small area though .The rest seems ok and my onions are growing .No sign of potatoes yet but our weather has not been great .Cabbage seems to be growing also .The garden was a rough area and nobody knows what sort of stuff has been burried there over the years .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'd definitely look into getting the soil tested for who knows what.

In the meantime, adding lime should help bring the ph up. There's probably faster stuff than that though.

Ask a Question