Pepper plant problems

Reaction score
Country
United States
The edges of some lower leaves on my jalapeños are turning yellow and brown, sadly I forgot to get a pic, but it starts out as yellow on edges of leaves, then turns orange/brown and then start to dry up. I’ve never had any issues w peppers except end rot. Not affecting any other pepper varieties. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
What hardiness zone are you in? Have you amended the soil at all? Are the getting several hours of direct sunlight? The more information you can give us the better we can help.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m in zone 7, tons of sun, soil amended with cotton burr compost early in season, beets grew there before the peppers, but other pepper varieties in same bed look fine, it’s just the jalapeños, and just on lower leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It may be normal. Any chance of a few good pics? My peppers are like that, some lower early leaves going away, most not. It is late in the cycle. June 21 solstice was some time ago. My cherry tree has begun to show that its getting ready for fall, but its an overachiever. Obviously different plants treated the same will show their preference for water and fertilizer. I know 2 things about cotton burr compost, that it stinks sometimes and it is mineral rich. But that is not a fertilizer. Its an amendment minerally much like azomite. I notice my bigger peppers show they are hungry more often than the smaller ones. That often means calcium here. You also mentioned a calcium related symptom. I usually just use tomato tone everywhere, specifically because of a high calcium content. I also amend with lime. What are you feeding and how much and how often? What is the pH?

Reaction score
Country
United States

Here are a few photos. There are poblanos in this bed too and they look fine.

Ask a Question