Paper leaf bags

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
When the paper leaf bags were first introduced here, we learned that even a partially filled bag could easily tear if it was left out in the rain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
When the paper leaf bags were first introduced here, we learned that even a partially filled bag could easily tear if it was left out in the rain.

The bags around here don't tear when wet. I'm not sure what type you've seen tear, but the ones I've seen are super durable, usually the Lowes/Home Depot brand similar to the below

1573821668241.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
They should be removed from public footpaths, when it gets frosty they turn very slippery.
I don't get leaves in my garden and I've been collecting them from the road up the road for my hedgehog houses that I've built at the back of my back garden.
They don't get collected by the council they just leave them in the gutter to pile up and block the drains.
I'm sure Chuck would agree with that, he was simply saying it was a waste to buy bags to send them away, rather it's better to just pile them up and run over them with a lawn mower and they will feed your lawn. I do collect them bags and put the leaves all over my yard and they do wonders to build up my extremely sandy soil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
The bags around here don't tear when wet. I'm not sure what type you've seen tear, but the ones I've seen are super durable, usually the Lowes/Home Depot brand similar to the below

View attachment 59663
The paper leaf bags may not have come from Lowes or Home Depot.

Reaction score
Country
India
Now a days all are using paper leaf bags. These are available in all the stores. It is made with recyclable two-ply paper, tear resistant even when wet. And the cost of these paper leaf bags is very low.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Never seen a paper leaf bag here in the UK, as we have "green bins" for gardeen refuse which are collected in many areas like ours, weekly by the local council.

But I saw one being used in a USA drama film on TV the other day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
On Saturday I went to a department store. They had plenty of paper leaf bags for sale.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
On Thursday I brought paper leaf bags to work on a customer's weeding project. Shortly after I arrived, both husband and wife came out with paper leaf bags. There was no shortage of bags.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
OMG its getting there, the leaf removal issue. October to start. Bring the blower out, get the tarps. pile the leaves on the tarps, drag the tarps to the woods. Nuts. Well this time I will be home daily for such fun. Maybe can get it all done this year before January.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Has your city offered to take Fall leaves if they have been placed in paper leaf bags?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
How big are these bags? And are they cheaper than black plastic bags? I have about 1,764,501 beer cans that I need to take to the metal yard and sell. I suppose they can be reused?
The Home Depot 30 gallon Paper Lawn and Leaf Bags are 16 inches X 12 inches X 35 inches.

Ask a Question