Outside plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
When you put your plants outside for summer aren’t you afraid of bug’s coming in with the plants for winter? I’m always afraid that they will have a lot.
I am new to houseplants and only put one out for summer then she goes into the basement until spring.
Thanks for any answers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Healthy groing plants don't make good candidates for bugs. If the plants are healthy and have no bug damage you can bring them in without too many problems. Some people rinse the plants off on a watering day with plain water. Others use a mix of cold-pressed neem oil mixed with a drop of dish soap in warm water. Spray once or twice as a preventative. Keep a magnifier handy an eye out and you will be ok. .

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey there! I totally get your concern. When I move my plants outside for summer, I usually give them a thorough check for bugs before bringing them back in for the winter. It's a good practice to avoid any unwanted surprises. 🪴🌞🐜

Ask a Question