Our Philodendron looks like it's going to die after repotting it...Please help, any advice?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our Philodendron looks like it's going to die after repotting it...
Please see before & after pictures.
We repotted the plant on 5/28/17 and the after picture was taken today 6/11/17. We watered it once after repotting it and we don't have it in direct sunlight. We're not sure how to bring this philodendron back to life. Please help, any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_4227.JPG
    IMG_4227.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_4848.JPG
    IMG_4848.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 803
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think it probably will survive but it will also probably look worse in the near future. Do not fertilize it and keep the soil slightly moist.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I see in the first picture the plant was in a smaller pot and was then planted in very large size pot I'm thinking it could have to much water in the soil and it's not use to it so there for it probley was to much water beaing held in the pot ,when potting plants you go up a little at a time in sizing the pots so it won't shock the plant ,I have 2 large ones in my home that I've had for years I hope your plant recovers these plants are very pretty and make a great home piece

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
What chuck said. Transplant shock originally probably worsened by the water. There is a chance it will die but I think it will pull through. Do not give up on it, yet. Next time you water it, wait until the soil is a little drier than usual, and water sparingly directly over the plant stalk, it'll help minimize the issue.

Ask a Question