Philodendron and Pothos Small Leaves Curling on the Edges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Philodendron and a Pothos and the new growth on both of them is very small and curling up on the edges. The philo had an issue when I bought it where there were several leaves at the end of a vine that were small, discolored, and deformed. I cut those off and the rest seemed ok. Is this a light issue or a nutrient issue? These plants are new and I live in England. So it has been cloudy for the last few weeks, but there should still be enough light to keep these plants growing well. Even though it is cloudy, I still have had them very close to windows and the philo has been at work with me next to a window and under a fluorescent light. I just repotted them both today in a 40% coir, 40% orchid bark, 20% perlite mixture with some added calcium. Is there something else I could be doing? Or am I overreacting because I'm new to this?
2017-05-06 19.35.05.jpg
2017-05-06 19.34.56.jpg
2017-05-06 19.36.52.jpg
2017-05-06 19.36.12.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
How much water do the get?
These are houseplants that can go literally months without water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Beth, they are new (within the last month or so), and I have watered them maybe twice. I bought the pothos and immediately re potted them (two into one pot) and then watered it pretty heavily. It had drips coming from the tips of the leaves for two days afterwards so I know that one was over watered. Like I said above, I re potted them into a new soil mixture and when I watered it after that, it had the drops on the tips of the leaves again, so I know I'm too heavy handed with that one. The philo has been kept pretty dry. I only watered it when the holes at the bottom were quite dry. But I'm still pretty new, so maybe I was checking something incorrectly. The lighting for them has been lower because it has been cloudy for weeks here with the (very) occasional sunny day. The Philo is close to a window but gets fluorescent light all day. The rest of the plant looks great for both of them, it's just the new growth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Little bit of a late response, but most plants look pretty rough for a while after repotting. Be careful to avoid overwatering underwatering is better than overwatering. Has their condition changed much since you posted?

Ask a Question