Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning hope all are well today.

Thanks @Logan but I have never been a good sleeper at the best of times, I have had athritis since my early twenties and sleeping has
become increasingly uncomfortable, that's why I find it best to get really tired and then get a few hours decent sleep rather than going up earlier and then laying awake for most of the night.

I have taken 'good gut bacteria' supplements for years now as Dr recommended them to me after I had a serious bout of food poisoning years ago (y)

@alp ..thanks . However please don't think I am inhibited by my ailments . Not at all...I'm not one to dwell on things ( hope that my written words here haven't give that impression!) I know that I'm alot luckier in health than others I know and, more importantly , it's my choice not to take painkillers daily, as I prefer to take ( while I'm able) the 'keeping active 'route . I really hope you aren't all thinking that I'm virtually housebound and not enjoying life ....still walking and loving it I can ensure you!

Right off to the dentist now.....wish me luck!(y)

Have a Truly Terrific Thursday!:)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just came back from the orthopedic clinic, they've signed me off. They said it won't be the same as the other knee and i might get arthritis. At the moment it feels stiff, but i won't let it bother me. Tomorrow got the phisio app, so hopefully will be the same.:D
I've still got the brace on leave that for tomorrow.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good news Upsy.....
Have a dental appointment myself at the end of the month. Dont expect any problems but not my fav pastime.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi guys, thought I would pop in with a hello. I've been crazy working on my sunroom and of course decided to put 13 horses before the cart. Bought 13 new pots and I haven't sanded and painted the floor yet.
Must...
Not....
Buy.... Plants...
If I buy the plants I'll never do the floors.
Well I did buy a white bird of paradise and a few liriopes... But those were IMPORTANT in the planning phase of this here sunroom... Hehe
Oh and I bought wine... Because ALSO IMPORTANT for the planning phase.
I also bought a nifty plant stand that I am going to turn into a table...
Please baby jebus give me the strength to drive past the nursery and not stop!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@tbendl

I always tell myself NOT to buy plants and every Sunday would go to all the diy gc like a robot for bargain hunts.. Would love the see your buy.

I tried to watch Majesty and Mortar which is about architecture of palaces.. Dan Cruickshank's perpetual whisper inevitably sent me to sporadic oblivions .. until my son gently nudged my arm ..

Some flowers for today as I finally found the camera charger

A scented veined double petunia
SAM_0122.JPG

Some single but lovely dahlias
SAM_0124.JPG
SAM_0123.JPG

All from the same plant

Nicotiana and Mambo both have a similar colour

SAM_0125.JPG

Zinnias
SAM_0118.JPG
SAM_0119.JPG
SAM_0120.JPG

And this cheap buy
SAM_0126.JPG

Love this photo though ..

SAM_0117.JPG
SAM_0116.JPG

These are either Lena or Telma ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ha ha tbendl
I empathise, understand and identify with your predicament. :)
Despite a garden full of wonderful plants and many more potted on into 5 litre and 10 litre waiting for the right spot I still acquire more and more of them. A parcel of plants today, one yesterday. Another on a wish list of another supplier.
However, a wonderful hobby and the obsession to buy plants is healthier than the obsession to smoke I think.
Your request for wine too I identify with except for me it would be cider or lager :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all. A grey and humid morning. Watered most of my plants. I wish I lived near Kelway as I remember someone saying that after all the flower shows, they have tons of things on sales..

Ordered some more seeds yesterday.. Double datura, yellow echinaceas. Must put some money aside for plants in the flower festival.

Thank you, @Logan When will you be walking the boys? Hope it's going to be soon.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp I hope it will be soon. Start off with one walk, OH is coming with me, i probably take Berry first, just to get back into it. I've been out for a walk by myself, but taking one of the boys out, I've think I've lost my confidence, but take things slowly.
:(

Ask a Question