Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Went to diy store and had to ask a random person what size of spacer to buy. It ended up with him coming to give me a quote. I still want to do it myself.. Bit worried I can't get up after squatting on the floor..
Oh dear,You might have to try and do it with your legs streight, that's how i did the gardening. It does hurt the backs of legs. Could your son help you?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy Nice to hear the good news. Keep eating healthily .. How are you feeling yourself? Can you sleep better now?

The man quoted £700 plus to tile 11 square metres of tiles.. I got the shock, Thank heavens diy stores open till 9pm, so went out to buy some more stuff. Tomorrow, we're going to pretend lay the tiles.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan My son will do the majority of the work, as well as helping me to get up occasionally. Spent £90 on adhesive..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I really admire you @alp .....you are not scared to ' give things a go ', well done to you and you lovely helpful son.:)(y)

I'm not too bad thanks , think I've grown use to the pain in my shoulder now and also know the limits of it's mobility. Still waiting on that app. and also the blood clot one...but all is fairly good.
I've solved the sleep issue........don't go to bed until 12:30- 1am . by then I am soooooo very tired that I drop off to sleep quite easily and sleep through until about 5am.:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Anyone watched Love your Garden.......that's where I live!!!.....well use to, now live about 1/2 a mile away:D:ROFLMAO:

Sleep well

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp that's great, that your son's helping you.
@Upsy Daisy what have you tried to help you sleep. I watched a programme about bacteria in the gut, and how it helps with sleep problems. If you don't have the good stuff, you can't sleep well. Michael Mosley was presenting it. I watched the first episode of love your garden, but it wasn't for me.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all. Shame your ailments cause you so much stress and clamp your life style, @Upsy Daisy !

A very grey day. Ideal for working in the lean to.

@Logan I really enjoyed Michael Mosley Poison, Puss and all that and I didn't fall asleep - Miracle. The autistic gardener just didn't do anything for me. I know I am terrible, I just couldn't warm to his hair or persona.. Love your garden is on what channel?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday made some cucumber and chilli pickle with some of my cucumbers and chillies.
IMG_20170711_101047.jpg

You can have the recipe if you want.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing! Food factory or small enterprise.. At least you know anything or everything that goes into the jar! Shame I have neither cucumbers nor chillis. I actually need a tested formula to take out black hair dye out of lynl! Oh, dear! I have earache as my son keeps buzzing next to my ears ..

Ask a Question