Ornamental grasses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Those ones seed like crazy don`t they @Gail_68 . I had some new seedlings come up from the blue grasses too - like festuca glauca, which was quite handy as I wanted some more in different places and they were very easy to transplant when they were small.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Those ones seed like crazy don`t they @Gail_68 . I had some new seedlings come up from the blue grasses too - like festuca glauca, which was quite handy as I wanted some more in different places and they were very easy to transplant when they were small.
Well as soon as I seen them sprouting I thought that's weird grass coming through now, then hubby showed me the boarder by it as i'm terrible without my doubled glazed spec's :LOL: and I said i'm having it out because what's the point of it being gravelled and someone mentioned to me if I hoover the head it eases the seeds off from sprouting.
LIke you I added some in small pots to see if they would trigger and they failed me I thought but as I binned them the shoots was strong I was shocked.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well as soon as I seen them sprouting I thought that's weird grass coming through now, then hubby showed me the boarder by it as i'm terrible without my doubled glazed spec's :LOL: and I said i'm having it out because what's the point of it being gravelled and someone mentioned to me if I hoover the head it eases the seeds off from sprouting.
LIke you I added some in small pots to see if they would trigger and they failed me I thought but as I binned them the shoots was strong I was shocked.
I haven`t had any luck with transplanting the pony tails either :( and they are no good in the wrong place - you can easily trip up on them !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I understand it, it`s to do with water conservation - somebody`s daft idea I think as all of my grasses seem to survive really well without watering - which is one of the reasons I plant it in those hard to water areas. Even if it suffers in a drought, it seems to pick up again very well after some rain -- all by itself :rolleyes:

Ask a Question