Neglected Ornamental Grape cuttings bursting into life!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20160911_133328.jpg
I was given loads of long dried stalks after a friend cut her Ornamental Grape back. I did leave them in the car for a "bit" and then in a bucket for a "bit" but with a "bit" of water. I stuck some straight in the ground as my friend suggested so I'll have to wait to see if that worked. I also did the proper propogating "bit" eventually, gave quite a few away and the rest I put in this glass in the kitchen and just look at the lovely plump buds. I am very surprised and very grateful as I felt I was a "bit" neglectful.;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
In a few years you may be a bit aggravated when those things start taking over! :D

Mind you those grapes may be different to the kind I'm thinking of, that grow everywhere wild here. They can be extremely aggressive growers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
So far I like the one I have. I cut it back each year after it looses its' leaves. This was taken 2 autumns ago. Can't find last autumns image when the leaves were up over the garage. I loved it. I want to put them along the neighbours fence as the acanthas which normally form a screen die back in summer and take their time to came. I hope I'm not asking for trouble :confused:

Attachments

• rps20160912_091339.jpg
    rps20160912_091339.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 254
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I always love when something neglected has a bit of a second lease at life. I guess it just makes me think of how wonderful and strong a lot of plants are - even when you think they are gone, they seem to spring back.

Ask a Question