Country
United Kingdom
Yes I grow it too plus the variegated form Overdam which is a beauty

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
View attachment 17823 Well I`m not sure the grasses are easily distinguished in this photo, but I only started growing them last summer. I am fond of Miscanthus - there are two clumps of Zebrina here, but am hoping to include a lot more varieties this summer. I like the silvery flowers on Mis. Silberfeder.
One of the best things about the taller grasses is the way they attract small birds during the cold winter months.
Tetters- I am living in Texas on a ranch. I am having a really hard time finding ornamental grasses. Is it possible for me to buy some of your seeds? I’d love as many varieties as you have seeds for. BTW, I’m a former Brit. I was born in Darwen/Blackburn area. I have my only relatives in GB. Anyway, I love your garden. Thank You. Hilary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tetters- I am living in Texas on a ranch. I am having a really hard time finding ornamental grasses. Is it possible for me to buy some of your seeds? I’d love as many varieties as you have seeds for. BTW, I’m a former Brit. I was born in Darwen/Blackburn area. I have my only relatives in GB. Anyway, I love your garden. Thank You. Hilary
Hello Hilary :) ..... If you would care to send me your address in a pm (go to inbox, top right of page) I will gladly send some seeds of whatever I have in the way of grasses - in a letter (y)

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forums !!

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I too love grass, errr, grasses. lol
my miscanthus did get knocked about during tis week's freezing rain!

DSCF4496 (2).JPG

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
we call that 'rubrum' here.
and in our zone treat it as an annual- great grass of the pennesetum family!
Hello mg guy yes they're pennesetum "Summer Samba" beautiful grass :)
DrCase..I had these in my garden Carex and the heat was way to much for them and was burning them out and they ended up in the bin..more money wasted :mad:

thumbnail_SDC13957 (2).jpg

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I know my ponytails but new seeds on my front garden...so come this year my ponytail is going to be hoovered when it as seeds...the neighbours will think I have gone soft :whistle:

Ask a Question