Not looking good.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Predicted for here.......75mph SUSTAINED winds......The neighbors directly behind us have WAAAAYYYY too many 70 foot pine trees for this event. On the upside.......if they go down, the garden will get sooooo much more direct sun.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't know what we are at right now. My weather hub got unplugged before we left, so I don't have access to that info.

I am worried about two tall palms we were looking into having removed for this very reason. That and I have several potted plants out still. Should have moved them in the garage. We were going to wait until Tuesday to leave, so I was going to do that in the morning. We ran out Monday night and now this is WAY stronger than anyone thought it would be. I'm worried about debris damage at this point.

David, let us know how ours going there. I'll post pics when we get back into town.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Weather station at my office is reporting 30mph now. Various sensors around town are reporting as much as 1.5" of rain just in the last hour. LOTS more to come!
Believe that.....rain's beginning to get pretty heavy here, now (10:34am).....wind gust are probably near 30mph.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They just said on the news that in recorded history, a hurricane this strong has never hit the Florida panhandle. David, you are pretty much directly in the path. Hunker down, take care of you and yours...and good luck on the greenhouse!! (I have a curiosity about place-names, and I had never heard "Dothan" before you joined this forum.) Yesterday, I saw Dothan on the news with a predicted 7.5" of rain.

Today the noon news brought this:

1010181207.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I had to hold my breath reading all these updates. Son was saying how terrifying the wind speed was. Keep safe and hope your greenhouse, trees and properties all safe and sound. Have you in our thought!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I know that I thought it scary last week when we had a meagre high wind. I could hear all the trees around us swishing and swaying. I can't even begin to know how terrifying and scared you all must be feeling.:(

Ask a Question