Not in my vegetable garden....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?ZQHOP 15 August 2014 Beans Cucumber Juice
Seven pound of green beans and 15 pounds of cucumber along with two onions and one eggplant were made into 21 liter jars of juice, and pressure canned at 15 PSI for 15 minutes for long term storage at room temperature. Procedure is indicated by annotated pictures.
URL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I've not tried juicing the beans so not sure whether I would like it - not too keen on juices but may try a little. :)

I eat a lot with my meal but sell a lot for the charity we support.

This was one day's pickings (more of them on another worktop) at the height of the season :D. It was 50lb and I sold all of them that afternoon. In a good season I can pick about that amount three times a week. It takes just over an hour to pick them and about 40 minutes to weigh and bag them. The bags are supplied by the local supermarket which is just one of 1,200 they own.

P1170886.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Bootsy, that is lovely, and how kind of you to sell your bounty and support a charity! We plant more than we could possibly eat, and take the excess to the local food pantry. I must admit that beans aren't in the "excess" category for us, since we can eat and freeze all we can get. I ought to plant more this year--it's not too late for us to do that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Thank you, marlingardener, we grow over two hundred bean plants of various types and sell all we can produce. They give the best return for the space and effort.

We also open our garden one weekend per year and raise over £4,000 ($6,000) for the charity. :)

It's for mentally handicapped children.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
That charity must appreciate you and your giving so very much! Gardens can give so much more than just produce, as you are proving. (y)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm gonna be at the open day and Chanell is thinking about flying over next year.

Hopefully Ian and Becky can make it too :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
That's brilliant (y)

Ian's, possibly, got just a tad further than you to come, but not much. Chanell has a bit more as well :D and our local airport only serves Orlando and Vegas at the moment (n)

Ask a Question