Not in my vegetable garden....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What is the one vegetable that nobody will find in your garden because you simply can't stand it? For me, it is peas. I think they taste like mushy mud and I will never grow them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Parsnips! We moved to Texas because parsnips don't grow here (just kidding, but the lack of parsnips is just one more attraction Texas had for us).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I don't know of any vegetable that I can't stand. Course I haven't tried everything.
Just wish I had space to grow all the ones I know.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Spaghetti squash!
I mean, "What is the point of spaghetti squash?"
If I want shredded squash flesh, (which I can't see being very useful) I can shred it in seconds.
Yes it looks clever, it looks humorous too, but just wtf are you going to do with it?
I mean, it'll probably have a 5 nano-second cooking time.
So, GET OFF MY LAND!!!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't like Cucumber, tis the Devil's own vegetable.

Not keen on Squash but i'll still grow them, Sis will eat them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Squash is another veggie I am not fond of, but I can tolerate it if it is served to me. I like cucumber, but not the seedy core. I usually chop up cucumber and put it in my fresh salsa, but only the hard meaty part around the core, not the actual core itself.

I do like parsnip if it is cut up and added to soup, I can't eat it raw because the flavor is too overwhelming for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Well, technically it's not a vegetable, but since I can't stand bellpepper, especially the green ones, I'll have to say that. If I had more space I might grow them for other family members, but I don't like them, don't eat them, don't need them taking up space.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Don't like Cucumber, tis the Devil's own vegetable.

Not keen on Squash but i'll still grow them, Sis will eat them.

I LOVE cucumber! It's so good and good for you! I can't believe you don't like squash either! Courgette are so succulent! I have been looking at the spaghetti squash plugs at work trying to decide if I want to try my hand at them, but I lack space so...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Italy
I hate radish but when my father go in my garden for help me he plant them the same every years...

help me....
please

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I will never grow beetroot. It's the most disgusting vegetable in the whole world, I hate it so much, I can't even look at it:eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I LOVE cucumber! It's so good and good for you! I can't believe you don't like squash either! Courgette are so succulent! I have been looking at the spaghetti squash plugs at work trying to decide if I want to try my hand at them, but I lack space so...

Courgettes are fine, it's the sweeter ones i'm not keen on.

Grow your squashes upwards if space is limited, one of mine grew over the fence and straight up next doors leylandii, the squashes hung off it like a Christmas tree :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Squash for me too, funny how there are quite a number of us that aren't keen on it!

I LOVE parsnips (especially when roasted) and beetroot - so please send those over my way :D.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Parsnip crisps are yummy :)

Ask a Question