DSCN0862.JPG

Working great :)

DSCN0871.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
At first I thought it was a smoker, and maybe it is, but that looks like a burning barrel? You seem to have a lot of space, why not just build a burn corral for the sticks and stuff? Is there limitations on burn pits there? We have limitations, I am allowed only the use of a small outdoor pan, almost like a fireplace dish, or a small chimenary which is really to small. Since I have a wood burning fireplace I bundle the larger sticks and just make an evening fire to sit by in the yard. We are not allowed barrels. I guess it is because the houses are still sort of close together.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am guessing burn barrel too, but I have a hunch we are wrong about that. OK Zigs, you got us...what is it?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D

It's a Goa'uld incinerator

Good idea about the charcoal Chuck, wouldn't take much to convert it to do that (y)

Most of the space will be taken up by veg soon Mockingbird, no burn restrictions here, apart from only at night and can't let the smoke drift across the highway.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Was tempted by one of these a couple of months back, as Wilko (a shop in the UK) had them in the sale over Winter, but instead of using it to get rid of waste as I was going to repurpose it as a smoker :D. In the end, my brother-in-law said I can use his smoker as he's got no outdoor space at the moment - win for me ;). Can't get enough of smoked meats, I'm sure that it's all healthy...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Was tempted by one of these a couple of months back, as Wilko (a shop in the UK) had them in the sale over Winter, but instead of using it to get rid of waste as I was going to repurpose it as a smoker :D. In the end, my brother-in-law said I can use his smoker as he's got no outdoor space at the moment - win for me ;). Can't get enough of smoked meats, I'm sure that it's all healthy...

Smoked meats are the best! My dad used to make smoked salmon all the time after he would go fishing for it. My in laws were originally from Germany and they have a big smoke house in the yard. They use it to make about a hundred pounds of smoked sausage every year and we all pay good money to get our portion of it!

Ask a Question