Hope this will be my new toy!!!

Reaction score
Just found this one craigslist for $500 and have talked the fiance into it. I have horrible allergies and I had a rider for a couple of years, and it was the greatest thing. I dont know if it was because I was sitting up higher, or because i was mowing faster, or if it was just because i wasn't directly walking through all of the pollen.

But my fiance has been doing most of the mowing while im at work because she sees how miserable it makes me, because i actually love to do it, i love being outside and taking care of my lawn.

anyway i found this today, mower, deck, blade, weights and chains, all for $500. Talked to the guy at the dealer and he said they were open until 6pm tomorrow, so if i bring my trailer to work, i should be able to get there in time to buy it. I just have to hope he doesnt sell it before then.... i hope it he doesnt :)

5G15E45Kd3Ff3Ma3Nec5r9ecc455749701d17[1].jpg

5Lb5Nc5Kd3Le3p43Hfc5rb7721dba2cac1527[1].jpg

j.w

Reaction score
Cool new mower but what the heck is that top photo of.............looks like a snow plow blade but not sure?

Reaction score
blade, wheel weights and tire chains, went and got the cash out today... trailer is hooked up and ready to bring to work tomorrow.... please don't sell tomorrow, please don't sell before i get there.

Reaction score
I got it!!! Yay!!
Got home at 7pm last night, and mowed the lawn quick with it. The previous owner must have taken such good care of it, as it looks brand new and it a 2000 model year. The guy at the dealership said the guy was crazy about his lawn and equpiment, and only traded it off to buy a new John Deere.

Reaction score
The only thing i dont like thus far is they put these stupid safety mechanism in these newer lawnmowers, seat switches, and the one I HATE is where you can't have the blades on while you are in reverse!!! I mow around tons of things, I'm backing up constantly.

My John Deere had a button, you could push it and as long as you did that, you could go in reverse with the blades on. This one does not, it sure is a pain to pull the lever to stop the blades, reach down, and put it in reverse, back up 6 inches, reach back down put it in forward, then engage the blades again. I will be rewiring this "OEM saftey equipment" as soon as possible.

Its about the dumbest safety equipment i have ever seen. Just because what? somebody backed over thier kid with a lawnmower? Sorry, but why punish the rest of us because you and your child lack common sense? Even the newer lawnmowers that have an "overide button" why? "because the override button reminds you took look back when backing up" backing up reminds me to look back, button makes me look for a button instead of paying attention while I back up, lol.

Reaction score
It probably
Its about the dumbest safety equipment i have ever seen. Just because what? somebody backed over thier kid with a lawnmower? Sorry, but why punish the rest of us because you and your child lack common sense? Even the newer lawnmowers that have an "overide button" why? "because the override button reminds you took look back when backing up" backing up reminds me to look back, button makes me look for a button instead of paying attention while I back up, lol.
It's probably some government regulation that they have to have it. You know our government has to put in regulations and laws because people lack common sense. I think of it like survival of the fittest and that is the worlds way of getting rid of dumb people, and keep the smart ones, but the damn government has to intervene. ;)

Reaction score
It IS a gov regulation... I wasnt joking,
From what I read, it's because some guy sued John Deere back in 1998 I believe it was, because he backed over his kid and mulched up his leg pretty good.

Punishing the rest of us for your own stupid mistakes, I love our country's "sue everyobody" mentality. Own up to your mistakes, now my lawnmowers deck belt and clutch wear out 10x's faster because I have to start and stop it everytime I want to back up instead of turning it on once and leaving it on until I am finished.

hm.... maybe i can find the guy from the original lawsuit, and sue him for making my lawnmower wear out faster. that'll show him.

j.w

Reaction score
When did they make this law? We have Kubota's and they have reverse but have had them since 2000. I would not be happy w/o reverse,no way!

Reaction score
J.W., they have reverse, but you cannot have the blades engaged while you are in reverse, otherwise the tractor shuts down. I know John Deere, instead of just shutting down, have a button you have to press in before you back up, and then you CAN mow in reverse, as long as you press the button first. They say the buttom is supposed to remind you too look behind you for children so you dont mow them down. But my lawnmower doesnt even have that, you have to stop the blades before you back up.

Just like the seat saftey switch, lots of lawn mowers if you stand up and dont have pressure on the seat, they automatically shut off. I don't mind that, if you are on a hill and rolled over, I would want the mower to shut down.

Anyway, i do have replace the old fuel line from the tank tot he motor this weekend, it is old and is leaking some fuel while it sits int he shed, so then i think i'm going to tinker around and figure out to wire around this whole reverse issue, I really need to be able to back up and mow at the same time. I dont like engaging my blades 10-15 times while i mow.

j.w

Reaction score
Oh I see. Ours you can still just put your foot on the reverse pedal and it goes right into reverse w/ blades down and moving. We do have the seat thing also but that I don't mind cuz if it tipped over on our hill that could be bad.
Hope you figure out auto reverse while mowing cuz that would be a real PITA to deal with. I have tons of circle gardens around my trees and it would take forever to mow around them. Let us know how easy it is to fix the problem in case someone buys a new mower. Geez, the gov't feels they have to protect us from everything like we are little kids and can't think for ourselves like the few idiots who wreck it for everyone! From cooking oils to big soda to mowers!
What next? No shoelaces on our shoes?

Ask a Question