New Fruit Trees

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@Jamie Calloway
Of course, pruning young apple trees is better to start early in the spring before the beginning of the growing season.
But still…
The lateral branches of the young apple tree are still left, even if in the future they are to be removed. This approach contributes to the formation of an expanding downward and, as a consequence, a stable tree trunk.
Excess branches when pruning a two-year-old apple tree are removed gradually. At first they are shortened, and in a year or two, when the tree has enough other branches and leaves, cut out completely. :)

I would have done something like this.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am absolutely ignorant when it comes to this, I should have thought of this before I went and planted a dozen fruit trees lol. I am going to do some more triming but a little at a time, and I will stick to the pictures you sent me. You have been such a huge help Larisa and I really appreciate you.
Thank you, more pictures coming later

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So proud of my orchard it's really doing well, I have noticed that proper pruning has made a world of a difference here a few updated picture's. Blueberries about to bust, and a picture of a peach tree that I thought might be dead finally shows some life
0419171825.jpg
0419171825.jpg

0419171832a.jpg

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My first peach has arrived, this is the first peach of the year and even though it's only the size of a georgia pecan i am ecstatic. It is a Elberta Peach and it's GLORIOUS!!!! Lol
0429171534.jpg

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ok, so I have officially lost my only little peach I was so excited for (see above post). The rest of the trees look pretty good, although I am,not getting these little tiny black bugs in the under side of the leaves and almost all of my trees. Occasionally I am getting some black whilted leaves but I have just been removing them assuming it's just fireblight. I don't know what happened to my little peach, I guess either a bird got it or it just fell off. I recently posted the question, if I should be putting 7 dust in my veggie garden and I am,not wondering if I should also puff my fruit trees?
Although my trees are looking good overall I just have to come to the conclusion that it might be a couple of years before they produce any fruit (if they do at all) but selfishly I wish they had fruit on them NOW!!! Other than that my blueberries and blackberries look amazing, can't wait until they are ready to eat. Speaking of that, should I get some kind of cage to go over the blueberry and blackberry bushes to keep the birds off them? Certainly they will get first crack at them before I can get to them.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
My country house is next to the forest. Birds are a big problem for us.
We used different means to keep berries from birds. CD, shiny objects, ratchets, ultra sound ... But the birds are trained in a few days. While the network is the best tool for us. But this is for bushes. We can not cover tall trees with a grid.

Reaction score
Country
Greece
But you can make a high fence out of high sticks and connect it with Tread. Every second tread should be connected with high tension pulse voltage. The tread with electric tension must be fixed on isolaters. The bird will get an electric shock and will not come back. Here you can buy these 12 V= instruments which have an output of 800 V pulse voltage, which is used for cattle fences.

Ask a Question