My tree's leaves are turning brown and dying.

Reaction score
I will try to upload a picture to show you what is happening. The trees that are having trouble include apples,cherries,pears.

The pears i am pretty sure is fire blight as the leaves and branches turned black and wilted.

The apples and cherries on the other hand look slightly different.

IMG_4695.jpg

The apples and cherries have the same thing whatever it is.

IMG_4694.jpg

I don't think it is fire blight as fire blight is black and these leaves are brown. Also it has gotten much worse since i have uploaded these pictures to were it has taken over a large portion of the trees.

What do you think this is?

Thanks

Reaction score
How much water are they getting? Too much and the leaves are brown and soft, too little water and the leaves are brown and brittle. Did you see any kind of spotting on the leaves before they turned brown?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looks a lot like broadleaf herbicide damage to me. Any runnoff from uphill during heavy rains where something like Remedy was used?

Reaction score
It has been raining a lot. So they are not low on water. I don't know that it was to much rain. I have never seen this in all the other years the tree's have been alive and they have been through heavier rains than this. I don't know that it is a herbicide problem ether as uphill from this tree is just a 20 acre empty pasture. Nothing is growing their accept grass.

I will check to see if the leaves are soft or crunchy in a little while. Also the fruit on the tree is ripening early as if it is going to fall off. It is acting almost like it frosted them. It did frost them earlier in the season like the first of April but i don't think it has frosted since then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It has been raining a lot. So they are not low on water. I don't know that it was to much rain. I have never seen this in all the other years the tree's have been alive and they have been through heavier rains than this. I don't know that it is a herbicide problem ether as uphill from this tree is just a 20 acre empty pasture. Nothing is growing their accept grass.

I will check to see if the leaves are soft or crunchy in a little while. Also the fruit on the tree is ripening early as if it is going to fall off. It is acting almost like it frosted them. It did frost them earlier in the season like the first of April but i don't think it has frosted since then.
I am pretty sure it isn't cold damage. When you check the leaves take a magnifing glass and make sure it is not mites causing the damage. Sometimes they are so small you cannot see them. Also,have you had any high winds? It doesn't look like wind damage on the larger leaves as they look unaffected but high winds on young leaves will burn. Pick a few fruits and see if the pitts are malformed.

Reaction score
Ok i went out to the trees and the leaves were very squishy and soggy. It is raining again. I looked at some leaves and there were small objects that could have been bugs. There were about 5 on a leaf? They were colored similar to the leaf making them very hard to see. I picked a little green cherry that was on one of the effected branches and the pit was shrived. I will upload i picture as soon as i can find my camera cable

Ask a Question