Anyone have any luck with indoor orange tree's?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
i have had this thought in my head that I would like to grow an orange tree indoors. Probably one of those Clementine types. I have an orange blossom bush outside that I love and I know they are not the same, but I feel like I would like to try my hand at fruits. I have never grown any type of fruit except blackberries and strawberries. So the Johnny Appleseed in me has me already trying to sprout some seeds. can anyone give me some helpful advice, any I better to buy an already established tree? I have enough light and heat so what am I missing?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would think the tree itself would grow but such a small tree needs other trees to properly pollinate or it wouldn't be able to bear fruit.

Reaction score
If its fruit you are after and not an ornamental plant - then citrus would not be the best choice - particularly as its highly unlikely that a citrus tree would bear fruit if grown indoors and although a Meyer Lemon or a Calamondin Orange may fruit - if given time outside during the spring and summer months - oranges, mandarins, tangerines and clementines very definitely would not fruit if grown indoors.

Ask a Question