My garden helper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Does anyone else have a "helper" in their garden? I have a container garden because I live in an apartment and my dog loves "helping" me. Recently, we harvested the last of the spring greens and got the garden into summer mode.

96pJYKP.jpg

IqjqvjO.jpg

The best part is that I was originally trying to take photos of just the plants. He kept getting in the way so I just went with it! :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Love it! In a recent thread several of us were sharing garden helper anecdotes. I have a cat who joins me every morning when I go do my "inventory." I also have three dogs and the big one follows me about the yard. But since my dogs tend to destroy plants and planting areas I'm limited in what I can plant within the big fenced part.

Your dog is lovely. :) Hound or Lab mix?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love it! In a recent thread several of us were sharing garden helper anecdotes. I have a cat who joins me every morning when I go do my "inventory." I also have three dogs and the big one follows me about the yard. But since my dogs tend to destroy plants and planting areas I'm limited in what I can plant within the big fenced part.

Your dog is lovely. :) Hound or Lab mix?

He's actually a German Shorthaired Pointer mix :). We found him as a stray and he was most likely a dumped hunting dog (he's gun shy). He's been known to "point" at the beeping microwave, ha.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Pointing at the microwave...that's funny! :ROFLMAO:

They do what they're bred for. My small dog is a terrier/cattle dog cross. We joke she doesn't know whether to kill things or herd them (she does both depending on size.)
20160524_083348.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pointing at the microwave...that's funny! :ROFLMAO:

They do what they're bred for. My small dog is a terrier/cattle dog cross. We joke she doesn't know whether to kill things or herd them (she does both depending on size.)View attachment 13856

They're all so cute! :) I miss having multiple dogs. I had to put my other two to sleep within the past few years. I can't get another dog anytime soon because we're moving too much :(. I hope to rescue another German Shorthaired Pointer (or maybe a Brittany). It's odd because I had Cockers almost exclusively but I've completely fallen in love with the high energy/high drive breeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
My pets don't seem to have that much interest in my gardening, but my daughter loves it! She's only 1 and a half but I have a toy "gardening bench" that is out in our yard, that has little toy pot plants, a watering can, spade and so forth - so we work together!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Awww, he's so cute!
I have a dog too, but he isn't interested in gardening:p He likes digging holes and lying in the grass.

Ask a Question