Garden helpers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was out in the garden yesterday rushing around getting ready for the freeze tomorrow and came across a couple of friends who help throughout the year who were also rushing around trying to find a bite to eat
IMG_0215.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The creature in the first picture looks kind of cute! It almost has a smile on its face, haha:D What is it exactly? Is it it big?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The creature in the first picture looks kind of cute! It almost has a smile on its face, haha:D What is it exactly? Is it it big?
In Texas they are called Rusty Lizards. I think that their real name is Texas Spiny Lizard. They get to be about a foot long tail and all. This particular one lives in the tree under which I consume copious amounts of adult beverages and has become, not tame but tolerant of me and in fact sometimes will actually follow me hoping I will scare up a bug for him to eat. I have lots of them around and in my garden but he is the most photogenic

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
So you're friends:D Did you give him a name?
I've just googled Texas Spiny Lizard and I found out that many people keep them as pets:) It must be nice to have lots of them around, they look so funny:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So you're friends:D Did you give him a name?
I've just googled Texas Spiny Lizard and I found out that many people keep them as pets:) It must be nice to have lots of them around, they look so funny:)
I should have taken pics of everybody else who helps in the garden. I will next year

Reaction score
Cute lizard. We don't have many lizards here, we just have lots of birds. Can't say they are really that much help though, they tend to eat things I don't want them to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I should have taken pics of everybody else who helps in the garden. I will next year
It would be great:) It's nice to see pictures of such interesting creatures. I don't have any garden helpers, because my tiny, aggressive dog scares off all animals. Yesterday, I saw a squirrel, but it started running away as soon as it noticed us.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fun friends to have around, always nice to have a little pest control. The lizard is cute....I can deal with just about anything other than snakes.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Great pics @Chuck!

I've seen very little in our garden this year, no foxes or hedgehogs - just squirrels, cats and our pond fish. Lots of nice birds stopping by now that it's Autumn though :).

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nice Pics, These are some of the garden pet you can find in your garden, Even there some of the beneficial insects and animals that helps in controlling pest in your garden

Reaction score
Those are great photos. I love lizards and I think your little lizard is adorable. I miss seeing dragonflies around. I don't see them as much as I used to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's a pity, ACSAPA:( Dragonflies are such gorgeous creatures, I love observing them. They scare me a little, because I heard they can bite, but I'm happy that they live in my garden.

Ask a Question