My garden and plants

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Pepper corn( Piper nigrum ) or black pepper plant, its a vine (creeper) that can be grown easily from cutting, one can find the plant gives root at every leaf node. peppercorn are hot but its aroma and flavor can magically change cuisine. Greatly improve soup, stir fries and meat based cuisine (freshly grounded is better).

View attachment 28088 View attachment 28089 View attachment 28090

I recently collected cutting, best time to plant, is at the beginning of rainy season. I used a roll of fence wire mesh as support, but it does best under shade of big tree.
You are sooo damned lucky!!! I have wanted to grown paan and pepper vine so bad but they cant bear our scroching hot weather....
Lovely plants you have..... but your curry plants look different than what we have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
You are sooo damned lucky!!! I have wanted to grown paan and pepper vine so bad but they cant bear our scroching hot weather....
Lovely plants you have..... but your curry plants look different than what we have.

I was bit confused(n) at the time of getting the plant, you know, they look so similar, pan, long pepper and black pepper.

I am not sure it will do well here, its rainy season now, any cutting will survive, I guess I have to wait and see for myself. I am at lower altitude( almost at sea level)

I don't have any leaf on the 'curry leaf tree' now,(all eaten by caterpillar, soil is like quick sand, don't want to get stuck in it with bad knee) but here a image from internet
curry-leaves.jpg

or are you referring to bay leaf

bay leaf.jpg

Sorry, my keyboard seems like its possessed:confused:, typing '+' sign of its own, I have to delete it and then type.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Congratulations on your wonderful Piper nigrum vine @Rajesh Sethi . I don't put it in is yoghurt.

Infact there is a drink, buttermilk. Mostly preferred during summer in India.

It's a spicy drink made from curd.

Though recipe may vary, I put green chilly(black pepper can be used, grounded to superfine dust), ginger juice few drops, mint leaf, salt, ice cubes, 1 glass of water to 1 cup curd. All goes into blender to make a spicy cool drink.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I'd love to have a red passion flower.

I don't have it any more, it was an old image.

I would try to hunt down, it's rare.

I remember it gives more necter than the blue one, means more ants and insect.

Here is a plant that some what cure arthritis - Gandha Prasarini

will upload image later.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Gandha Prasarini (Paederia foetida)

Here is a wiki link

This vine has foul odor, fibrous. Generally, blended and boiled before use.
Known for its anti inflammatory property, and cure arthritis

Gandha Prasarini (2).jpeg
Gandha Prasarini (1).jpeg

I don't have much interest for this plant, its odor can make anyone run away, grow it for its medicinal property

Attachments

• Gandha Prasarini (3).jpeg
    Gandha Prasarini (3).jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 244

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Rajesh Sethi I think I will stick to turmeric .. hehe! Ants a sprinkle of cinnamon might help, so they say. They are the "doctors:eek::LOL:" on youtube! Worth a try.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I love lemon grass and tried to grow them. They were thin and weak. Don't think we had enough heat to grow them to commercial size. They smell so nice. I love black pepper corn. Used to fry them and then grind them, but after my divorce, my son would only eat virgin rice and curry is still too exotic for him.

Ask a Question