My garden and plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Tabernaemontana divaricata (Pinwheel flower tree)
333333 (2).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Basella alba, Malabar Spinach vine spinach, red vine spinach, climbing spinach, creeping spinach, buffalo spinach or Ceylon spinach
333333 (4).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Water lily and Lotus that I just planted had to put iron mesh to protect my mollies fry from frog
333333 (3).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Very nice. How is the spinach to eat? tasty?, bitter?

The butterfly that pupated on your banana tree is most likely an Opsiphanes but the photo could be clearer.

I love seeing photos of what you are growing....more, more, more:) The pinwheel flower tree looks interesting, has it flowered yet?:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Very nice. How is the spinach to eat? tasty?, bitter?

The butterfly that pupated on your banana tree is most likely an Opsiphanes but the photo could be clearer.

I love seeing photos of what you are growing....more, more, more:) The pinwheel flower tree looks interesting, has it flowered yet?:)

Malabar Spinach, that you see is for caterpillar. Here, we sometimes have a caterpillar invasion.;) They group under the shaded portion of tree and looks a bear skin or grass, so hairy and scary.

They are black, hairy and are poisonous :mad: touch it, you will suffer the whole day itching :cry:and will followed by inflammation

Malabar Spinach, is the cure for the itchiness, this spinach are slimy and taste sweet but with little hint of soil.

They make excellent ingredient for fish curry. You should try it just google 'malabar spinach fish curry' (I am sorry if you are vegetarian, try mustard malabar spinach curry).

Btw, that previous pic of butterfly pupated on coconut tree leaf, flew away after sometime.

check this coconut seedling (My kitten is curious about this strange looking seedling :D)
333333.jpg

and pinwheel tree flower like hell, if you check the pic again you will surely find some flower buds and flowers on the soil. they look like white star with pointy five petals.

Thank you for appreciating my plants,:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You got me googling Malabar spinach...There's places that sell seeds here. :) It's both pretty and edible!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Great to see your garden Rajesh. I'll check out the fish curry recipe. I've actually just bought a curry leaf tree and i was told it would be best in a pot where i am because of the cold. I think i have decided to put it next to my potted olive tree which seems to do ok. This spot gets the most sun available in my garden but in winter there's none.

Ask a Question