I notice these two plants in my garden today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 and 4
Country
United States
Was looking down for weeds today and found these two little guys behind the zinnias and Cosmos. I know the purple pictures not so great but the one is really cool any guesses? Google Lens didn't help me me too much.
20180809_182641.jpg
20180809_182658.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
First one a godetia, native to you!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried your google lens? It might be able to tell you what the 2nd one is. Scottish flame looks very similar to that, but being flame, it's red. That's a lovely flower.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The first plant is Farewell-to-Spring or Charming Godetia (Clarkia amoena cv., formerly Godetia amoena), in the Evening-primrose Family (Onagraceae). The species is native to British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, and northern California.

The second plant is Annual Larkspur (Delphinium consolida or a hybrid; formerly Consolida regalis), in the Buttercup Family (Ranunculaceae). The species is native to Europe, Anatolia, central & southwestern Asia, and Siberia.

Ask a Question